If you're pressed for space like me, you'd probably rather make a large mess making some sort of dish and save it for several meals, rather than making a new mess for every meal! Here is a recipe that, while a bit messy, requires no cooking at all and stores well! Avocados may be expensive at the store ($1.50 each?) but with 4 avocados you can make enough dip for at least 4 servings, and since you're only using healthy food, it's worth the extra money. There's a lot of information out there on the amazingness that is avocados, so if you're interested, you should check it out.
If you want, you could add cream cheese or sour cream to this like my mom does, but I'm a purist.
3-4 ripe avocados (they can be a bit expensive but are well worth the price)
1 large red tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 or 1 whole onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
1. Chop up the tomato, onion, and garlic.
2. Cube the avocado flesh and put it into the mixture, adding lemon juice on top of each avocado.
unsure of how to deal with an avocado? here's a good guide.
3. Mash! A fork or large spoon works well, or use a potato masher if you have one. You can make it as chunky or as smooth as you like - I like it mostly smooth with some chunks.
4. Salt and pepper to taste - the salt is key here. It really brings out the flavor of the avocado.
5. Enjoy with tortilla chips or on tortilla shells!